We all have fat deposits in the body, but not always where we want them. How many times have you wished you could take a little from here and move it to there?
With fat transfer, you can do exactly that. It is a cutting-edge technique in which fat is harvested from one area of the body and injected into another area that needs more volume.
At Cara Plastic Surgery & Laser Center, we perform fat transfer procedures using FDA-approved devices in a state-of-the-art facility, fully accredited by AAAASF for patient safety. Dr. David Kahng is a plastic surgeon with extensive training and experience who is known for his surgical skills and exceptional bedside manner.
What Is Fat Transfer
Fat transfer is a surgical procedure in which excess fat is removed from one area of the body, purified, and then transferred to another area to add volume. It is performed to sculpt the body or the face and to repair scars, indentations, and flaws. The benefits of this technique are two-fold:
- It removes excess fat from stubborn deposits in the abdomen, flanks, back, arms, or thighs; and
- It creates youthful curves and contouring in the face, breasts, or buttocks.
Aesthetic Uses For Fat Transfer
Also known as fat grafting, fat transfer is a versatile procedure with many cosmetic benefits. Our skilled plastic surgeons produce excellent cosmetic results with fat transfer in Orange County.
- Facial fat transfer: Our surgeon can inject your own natural fat to correct facial creases and folds, minimize lines and wrinkles, and fill in acne scars, skin depressions, and sunken areas of the face. Fat transfer is also an excellent option for augmenting the cheeks and lips, with natural, long-lasting results.
- Breast reconstruction/augmentation with fat transfer: After benign or malignant breast surgery, fat grafting is an option in the treatment to reestablish the breast contour, shape and volume.
- Buttocks augmentation with fat grafting: The Brazilian butt lift is a popular procedure that uses fat harvested from unwanted fatty deposits to create fuller, more rounded buttocks. This technique uses liposuction to sculpt the surrounding area and enhance your curves.
- Hand rejuvenation with fat transfer: The hands tend to show a person’s age. Fat grafting can plump up wrinkled hand skin, cover bulging veins, and improve skin quality.
Who Is a Good Candidate for Fat Transfer?
Fat transfer is minimally-invasive procedure that is growing in popularity and works well for many patients. To be a candidate, you must be in good general health and have excess body fat to harvest and use in the targeted area of enhancement. More fat is required for transfer to the buttocks or breasts while less is required for transfer to a facial area that has lost volume.
That said, you may be a good candidate for fat transfer if you:
- Have sunken or creased facial areas
- Want longer-lasting correction than dermal fillers can provide
- Want to improve your body contour
- Have scars or depressions that need correction
- Want to augment the buttocks
- Need breast reconstruction after surgery or implant removal
- Want to rejuvenate and restore a youthful look to your hands
To find out if you are a good candidate for fat transfer in Los Angeles, scheduler a consultation at Cara Plastic Surgery & Laser Center.