Many women and men want to look younger but are not ready to undergo surgery. A thread lift makes it possible to lift and tighten sagging facial tissues without going under the knife. At Cara Plastic Surgery & Laser Center, our plastic surgeons perform among the best thread lift Los Angeles has to offer for facial rejuvenation procedures.
What Is a Thread Lift?
A thread lift is a safe, convenient, cost-effective alternative to face lift surgery. It can reduce sagging in the cheeks, neck, and jawline in a faster procedure with less risk than traditional treatment.
In a thread lift procedure, special, clear threads are used to lift and reposition facial tissues and hold them in place. This treatment produces noticeable results almost immediately.
How Is a Thread Lift Performed?
This minimally-invasive treatment can be performed with local anesthetic in approximately one hour or less. Tiny incisions are made in the treatment area through which the plastic surgeon inserts thin threads into the face. The threads, which attach to the skin tissue, are pulled back to lift facial tissues and smooth wrinkles and folds.
The treated areas of the face will be slightly raised to reduce sagging and create a more youthful appearance. The threads are knotted and become hidden within the skin. Any scars from the tiny incisions are virtually invisible.
How the Threads Work in a Thread Lift
The threads used in this procedure are absorbable sutures made of biodegradable materials. Inserted into the skin, they instantly lift and tighten facial areas with volume loss, such as the cheeks, jowls, lips, and neck. They also stimulate collagen production in the areas where placed.
Tiny cones are attached to the fine sutures used in a thread lift procedure. These attachments lift and tighten the skin from underneath and cause mild inflammation to stimulate natural collagen growth over time.
Who Is a Good Candidate for a Thread Lift?
To find out if you qualify for a thread lift, consult with a plastic surgeon who is well trained in facial anatomy, such as Dr. David Kahng. You may be a good candidate for this treatment if you:
- Are showing minimal signs of aging: This technique is ideal for patients who have slight sagging or drooping in the brows, cheeks, jowls, or neck. A thread lift is generally appropriate for men and women age 35 to 65 who would like a bit of a lift. It is effective for treating mild to moderate signs of aging.
- Want to extend the results of previous facial cosmetic surgery: If you had a facelift or neck lift previously, the results may begin to diminish with the passage of years. Our Los Angeles thread lift can correct the signs of aging that begin to appear years after facial surgery.
Benefits of a Thread Lift
A thread lift is an innovative technique that provides two facial rejuvenation actions:
- A lifting and tightening effect that occurs immediately when the procedure is performed
- A regenerative effect with increased collagen production that occurs over time
This treatment can effectively and immediately:
- Lift and tighten the midface and cheeks
- Minimize jowling
- Improve the contours of the jawline
- Smooth and tighten the neck
Initial results are visible almost immediately after the procedure. Results continue to improve over time as the threads stimulate new collagen production below the surface of the skin.
The thread lift is a relatively quick, minimally-invasive procedure with very little downtime (1 to 3 days) that can be performed without anesthesia. It provides a less invasive alternative to a facelift and neck lift procedure for patients with mild to moderate facial sagging. If you are considering in being one of Dr. Kahng's thread lift Los Angeles patients, schedule a consultation at Cara Plastic Surgery & Laser Center in Los Angeles or Orange County.