Dr. David Kahng is a highly trained, renowned Korean plastic surgeon in Los Angeles who is Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Dr. Kahng brings a unique international perspective to his practice because he has lived in many countries like Italy, Malaysia, Indonesia, and Africa before coming to the United States. His distinctive experience has given him a unique perspective when treating his diverse patient population. His multi cultural experience has allowed him to develop trust, integrity, and excellent rapport with his diverse patient population.
Dr. Kahng has dedicated his life to the field and art of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery. He devotes his practice to both cosmetic and reconstructive surgeries.
Not only does he provide the whole spectrum of aesthetic surgeries of the face and body, he also dedicates his time to reconstructive procedures like breast cancer reconstruction, burn reconstruction, body contouring after massive weight loss, and hand surgery. Dr. Kahng has served as a medical director for the Grossman Burn Center, Santa Ana from 2009-2012 treating minor burns to sever burn patients and managing the day to day operations of the burn center. Dr. Kahng believes in order to be a complete plastic surgeon, one must practice and understand the complete field of Plastic & Reconstructive surgery. Being Korean-American, Dr Kahng naturally has a keen eye for Asian aesthetic surgery.
Dr. Kahng also has had extensive training with Korean board certified plastic surgeons in South Korea. Here in the United States has become known for his Asian plastic surgery in the Asian community. Dr. Kahng specializes in Asian Eyelid, Asian Rhinoplasty, and Asian Facelift surgery. Since Dr. Kahng is US trained and board certified, he is able to have a keen eye when treating non Asian patients in the greater Los Angeles area.
Every patient is unique & requires individual attention.
Dr. Kahng’s philosophy is to provide trust, integrity, and safety to his patients while restoring form and functions. His goal is to provide a realistic outcome to his patients whether the patient is having cosmetic or reconstructive surgery. Dr. Kahng performs all of his outpatient procedures in his AAAASF certified surgery center within his office with Board Certified Anesthesiologist and all his impatient surgeries are done at major hospitals (Cedar-Sini Medical Center or CHA Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center).
Dr. Kahng Education
- Diplomat of the American Board of Plastic Surgery Nov. 2008
- Diplomat of the American Board of Surgery Jun. 2005
- Plastics and Reconstructive Surgery Fellowship 2004-2006
- University if Massachusetts Medical School. Worcester, MA
- General Surgery Residency 1999-2003
- Kaiser Permanente Medical Center. Los Angeles, CA 2003-2004
- Doctor of Medicine, The Chicago Medical School. Chicago, IL 1995-1999
- Master of Science-Applied Physiology. 1994-1995
- Finch University of Health Sciences. Chicago, IL
- Bachelor of Science-Biological Science, 1990-1994
- Cum Laude, Deans Honor list 9 quarters
- University of California Irvine. Irvine, CA
- Ceders-Sinai Medical Center. Los Angeles, CA
- CHA Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center. Los Angeles, CA
- American Society of Plastic Surgery (ASPS). Active Member
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS). Candidate Member
- Korean / Spanish / Chinese / Farsi
- [Anatomical Variation of Zygomatic Nerve Branches Around Zygomaticus Sep. 2016
- Major uscle in Facelift September, 2016]American Society of Plastic Surgeons. Los Angeles, CA
- [Surgical Correction of Crow’s Feet Deformity With Radiofrequency Current] Apr. 2013
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. New York, NY
- Acute Management of Burn Patients Sep. 2009
- Los Angeles Plastic Surgery Society. Beverly Hills, CA
- [Dye Directed Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy] Mar. 2002
- Society of Surgical Oncology. Denver, CO
- [Are Clinical Factors Useful in Identifying High Risk Patients With Jun. 2001
- Thyroid Nodules and FNA Suggesting Follicular Neoplasm?]
- Kaiser Surgical Symposium. Palm Springs, CA
- Surgical Correction of Crow’s Feet Deformity With Radiofrequency Current Dec. 2013
- Aesthetic Surgery Journal, Vol 34. p 28-33
- Ad Lib Feeding: Safely Improving the Cost Effectiveness of Pyloromyotomy Dec. 2002
- Journal of Pediatric Surgery, Vol 37. p 1667-1668